45 seconds can mean a lot to a runner… It can mean a lot more to a family in Africa, where a child dies from malaria every 45 seconds.
In Africa, malaria kills more children under five than any other single disease. This tragedy is all greater as malaria is entirely preventable and treatable. Malaria No More UK is committed to ending the suffering and death caused by malaria by 2015. We can do it but we need your help.
Team Malaria No More is participating in the ING New York City Marathon in 2010 and we are looking for participants from both sides of the Atlantic to be part of a fantastic effort to raise US$150,000 (almost £100,000) – £2,000 per runner! The first $100,000 raised will be matched by a generous donor in the US.
Join our team to be part of this world famous road race that covers the streets of New York’s five boroughs and finishes in the iconic Central Park.
As a team member we will support you in a variety of ways including:
- Providing guaranteed entry in the 2010 ING New York City Marathon
- A personalised online fundraising page and hard copy sponsorship forms
- Access to fundraising professionals both in the UK and the US, who can provide resources, advice and ideas to help you generate support
- A Malaria No More UK fundraising toolkit
- We’re also hoping to have the support of a celebrity Team Captain to bring attention to our team and help keep you motivated!
If you are in good condition to take on the 2010 ING New York Marathon on 7th November 2010 and can pledge to raise a minimum of £2,000 for Malaria No More UK, then request an application form today!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7801 3840.