Thanks, Daughtry, for showing ONE the love this week!
Alterna-rockers and longtime ONE supporters Daughtry have been doing some major representing for ONE this past week — and we wanted to take the chance to thank them here on the ONE blog.
Although the band has a seriously crazy schedule filled with press interviews, TV appearances, gigs and all the trappings of fame and stardom, they’ve always found the time to express their commitment to ending extreme poverty and preventable disease.
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Just last Friday, lead guitarist Josh Steely proudly wore his ONE shirt during the band’s performance on the “Today” show — and even spoke about ONE’s mission and advocacy efforts in a Web-exclusive video interview for the show’s music series, Backstage Pass.
And this week, celebrity gossip blog PopEater came out with an awesome multimedia story on a day in the life of Daughtry. Scrolling through the video and photos, we were absolutely psyched to see that lead vocalist Chris Daughtry sported a ONE band throughout the day.
Take a look at the videos and if you have the chance, send a Tweet to Daughtry and thank ‘em for supporting ONE.
"As long as poverty, injustice and gross inequality persist in our world, none of us can truly rest." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
Cambodia at a Crossroads
- "Peshawar: Social Justice, Not Terror"
- "Mutual Accountability: Data on its own is not enough"
- "GCAP Japan: More and Better Aid!"
- "Land Rights Now!"
- "In a Time of Ebola, Lobbying for Action on Poverty"
- "Cambodia: New Laws Would Limit Freedoms"
- El Salvador: Climate Action
- iMove Launch: Cambodia, India, Korea, Philippines
- "This is our life in Afghanistan" by Raz Dalili
- iMove for Justice, Peace & Equality
- action/2015 Asia
- Global Forum on Disability
- "Holding Mining Companies Accountable"
- "Ending Child Marriage" by Mohammad Zia-ur-Rehman
- "Beyond the Data" by Adelaide Sosseh
- "Get Ready to Move in 2015!"
- "Justice 2015: A Campaign Narrative"
- "Robert Bissio at the UN: Meaningful Accountabilityl"
- "Insipiring Change - Campaigning at the CSW"
- "Decent Work Now!" by Max Beckmann