Thanks, Daughtry, for showing ONE the love this week!
Alterna-rockers and longtime ONE supporters Daughtry have been doing some major representing for ONE this past week — and we wanted to take the chance to thank them here on the ONE blog.
Although the band has a seriously crazy schedule filled with press interviews, TV appearances, gigs and all the trappings of fame and stardom, they’ve always found the time to express their commitment to ending extreme poverty and preventable disease.
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Just last Friday, lead guitarist Josh Steely proudly wore his ONE shirt during the band’s performance on the “Today” show — and even spoke about ONE’s mission and advocacy efforts in a Web-exclusive video interview for the show’s music series, Backstage Pass.
And this week, celebrity gossip blog PopEater came out with an awesome multimedia story on a day in the life of Daughtry. Scrolling through the video and photos, we were absolutely psyched to see that lead vocalist Chris Daughtry sported a ONE band throughout the day.
Take a look at the videos and if you have the chance, send a Tweet to Daughtry and thank ‘em for supporting ONE.
"The Global Call to Action Against Poverty can take its place as a public movement alongside the movement to abolish slavery and the international solidarity against apartheid." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
Cambodia at a Crossroads
- Invitation to the GCAP Global Assembly 2015
- GCAP response to Addid Ababa Action Agenda (AAAA)
- Reactive on Zero Draft Post 2015
- From Labour Rights to Citizen Participation - the first 16 days of May Mobilisations
- Climate Justice, All Ages and Sexual and Reproductive Rights - May Mobilisations Continue
- The Elephant is Waiting!
- GCAP Statement on Forests, Food, & Nutrition
- GCAP Solidarity with Nepal
- Release the five Women Activists Now!
- Launch of action/2015
- A Red Flag for the United Nations
- Action/2015 - Launching Today
- "Peshawar: Social Justice, Not Terror"
- "Mutual Accountability: Data on its own is not enough"
- "GCAP Japan: More and Better Aid!"
- "Land Rights Now!"
- "In a Time of Ebola, Lobbying for Action on Poverty"
- "Cambodia: New Laws Would Limit Freedoms"
- El Salvador: Climate Action
- iMove Launch: Cambodia, India, Korea, Philippines