Women's Tribunals on Gender and Climate Justice
GCAP and the Feminist Task Force are launching a set of Women and Climate Justice Tribunals. For information on each tribunal please refer to the list on the right hand side of this page.
Starting in October, 15 countries around the world – Argentina, Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, El Salvador, Ghana, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Uganda, Pakistan, India, Nepal and Zambia- will host ‘Women’s Hearings on Gender and Climate Justice’ based on the recognition that although women play a central role in providing effective responses to the challenges imposed by climate change in their communities – their voices are not being adequately heard in the debates around climate change at the national, regional or international level.
Dedicated to the work and legacy of Prof. Wangari Maathai, the Climate Hearings aim to facilitate authentic, specific and exemplary testimonies from women - with a focus on up scaling local solutions and bringing the voices of those most affected to the national and international level ahead of the COP17 Summit that will be held in Durban, South Africa at the end of this year.
Full coverage of the tribunals can be found at this web address:
Women and Climate Tribunal News and Updates
Feminist Task Force|News|North America|United States|Women and Climate Tribunals06/12/2012 - 03:00 | admin | 0comments
Climate Change|Feminist Task Force|Gender|News|North America|United States|Women and Climate Tribunals04/22/2012 - 13:09 | admin | 0comments
Feminist Task Force|News|Zambia|Women and Climate Tribunals11/29/2011 - 18:34 | admin | 0comments
Blog|El Salvador|Feminist Task Force|South America|Women and Climate Tribunals10/20/2011 - 19:29 | admin | 0comments
- "Holding Mining Companies Accountable"
- "Ending Child Marriage" by Mohammad Zia-ur-Rehman
- "Beyond the Data" by Adelaide Sosseh
- "Get Ready to Move in 2015!"
- "Justice 2015: A Campaign Narrative"
- "Robert Bissio at the UN: Meaningful Accountabilityl"
- "Insipiring Change - Campaigning at the CSW"
- "Decent Work Now!" by Max Beckmann
- "G20 Updates and Consultations"
- "SDG Focus Areas and Indicators"
- "Post-2015: The Istanbul Meeting"
- "The Bolivian Climate Tragedy" by Carmen Capriles
- "BRICS: The Club in the Club" by Vitaliy Kartamyshev
- "The Uruguayan Experience" by Roberto Bissio
- "Post-2015 from the Grassroots" by Olivier Consolo