Women's Tribunals on Gender and Climate Justice
GCAP and the Feminist Task Force are launching a set of Women and Climate Justice Tribunals. For information on each tribunal please refer to the list on the right hand side of this page.
Starting in October, 15 countries around the world – Argentina, Bangladesh, Botswana, Brazil, El Salvador, Ghana, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Mexico, Nigeria, Peru, Uganda, Pakistan, India, Nepal and Zambia- will host ‘Women’s Hearings on Gender and Climate Justice’ based on the recognition that although women play a central role in providing effective responses to the challenges imposed by climate change in their communities – their voices are not being adequately heard in the debates around climate change at the national, regional or international level.
Dedicated to the work and legacy of Prof. Wangari Maathai, the Climate Hearings aim to facilitate authentic, specific and exemplary testimonies from women - with a focus on up scaling local solutions and bringing the voices of those most affected to the national and international level ahead of the COP17 Summit that will be held in Durban, South Africa at the end of this year.
Full coverage of the tribunals can be found at this web address:
Women and Climate Tribunal News and Updates
Feminist Task Force|News|North America|United States|Women and Climate Tribunals06/12/2012 - 03:00 | admin | 0comments
Climate Change|Feminist Task Force|Gender|News|North America|United States|Women and Climate Tribunals04/22/2012 - 13:09 | admin | 0comments
Feminist Task Force|News|Zambia|Women and Climate Tribunals11/29/2011 - 18:34 | admin | 0comments
Blog|El Salvador|Feminist Task Force|South America|Women and Climate Tribunals10/20/2011 - 19:29 | admin | 0comments
"The Global Call to Action Against Poverty can take its place as a public movement alongside the movement to abolish slavery and the international solidarity against apartheid." ~ Nelson Mandela. GCAP honours Mandela's words as we fight for justice and commemorate Int'l Rural Women's Day, World Food Day and Int'l Day for the Eradication of Poverty. Watch Mandiba's famous Make Poverty History speech.
- Vice President Timmermans RE: 2030 Agenda
- Climate Chane is already here, a letter form Kampala
- GCAP at the COP21 in Paris
- Solidarity, Justice and Freedom
- GCAP at the COP21 in Paris
- Solidarity Justice and Freedom. A statement after the recent terror attacks
- International Civil Society Call to Address Inequalities and Social Justice in Climate
- The New York Declaration
- CSO letter to Vice President Timmermans on the 2030 Agenda
- GCAP response to Addid Ababa Action Agenda (AAAA)
- Reactive on Zero Draft Post 2015
- From Labour Rights to Citizen Participation - the first 16 days of May Mobilisations
- Climate Justice, All Ages and Sexual and Reproductive Rights - May Mobilisations Continue
- The Elephant is Waiting!
- GCAP Statement on Forests, Food, & Nutrition
- GCAP Solidarity with Nepal
- Release the five Women Activists Now!
- Launch of action/2015
- A Red Flag for the United Nations
- Action/2015 - Launching Today
- "Peshawar: Social Justice, Not Terror"
- "Mutual Accountability: Data on its own is not enough"